Joan Webster Price
109 - 23 Shearwater Ct. E
Jersey City, NJ 07305, U.S.A.
Phone: ( 201 ) 209 - 1986
Fax: ( 201 ) 209 - 1986
Click image to enlarge.
Represented by Quietude Sculpture Gallery
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
(732) 257 - 4340
Light Art, Solar Sculptures - Solar Themes Aesthetic Resources
Light Art, energy and the environment have been underlying themes in my work. Using technology to create mythological metaphors in work such as "Sun Altar" my first solar integrated sculpture.
Professor Emeritus, Art Department, City College of New York CUNY, 1995, Graduate Director, 1992- 1994. Developed and taught MFA specialization New Forms ( Environmental Art & Multimedia ) originally called Intermedia. BFA Tyler School of Art, Temple University. Master's and doctoral degrees from TC, Columbia University, 1971. Dissertation Light as an Art Form (electrically generated light)
Selected Solo Exhibits
- Solar Water Sculptures/Models and Drawings. Snug Harbor Cultural Center
- Environmental Paintings & Sculptures. Bronx Museum of the Arts
- Painted Sculptures / Sculptured Paintings, MIxed Media, Watercolors 2/20 Gallery NYC 1999
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Art Space / Lima , Lima, Ohio Neon /The Mind Bend invitation 1999.
- Quietude Garden Gallery, East Brunswick !999, 1998, 1997, 1996 Sculpture and Solar Sculptures.
- Rauma Art Museum, Rauma Finland Aurinko-sun exhibition of Solar Art maquettes and drawings by Joan Webster Price & Herbert Price 1997
- Baruch College, Stanley Mishkin Gallery. Pioneers of Abstract Art American Abstract Art
- Westbeth Gallery, NY. The Art of Science... The Science of Art ( Light Art )
- The Eight Floor Project ASCI Exhibition 1996
- The Noyes Museum, The Persistence of Abstraction / American Abstract Artists 1996 JWP 2
- Whitney Museum, NY
- Museum of Modern Art, NY
- Brooklyn Art Museum, NY
- State Museum of New Jersey, NJ
- British Museum, London
- Leonardo Journal of the International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology Vol.31 No2 Pg 81-85 illus. The Leonardo Gallery Aurinko Sun : Solar Art Janne Kostki, Rauma Art Museum, Finland.
- Landscape Architecture, Sun Altar , Nov/80pp589-560,639-640, illus.
- Watson-Jones, Virginia Contemporary American Women Sculptors, Oryx Press 1986 pp 464-465, illus.
- The Guild 8: The Architect's Source of Artists and Artisans, 1993 Quietude Sculpture Gallery .pp 207. Art for he Landscape.1993