My welded-steel sculptures embrace the language of abstract assemblage art. The sculptures are modeled from a palette of found-ready-made industrial materials. When reassembled, these discarded objects become sculptures that deny their past history in order to serve a new formal purpose.
- 1997-present, Professor of Fine Art - Delaware College of Art & Design, Wilmington, Delaware.
- 1967, B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 1975, M.F.A., Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York.
ONE PERSON EXHIBITIONS:
- May 2006, Blue Streak Gallery, Wilmington, DE
- September 2005, Carolyn Roberts Gallery, Yorklyn, DE
- November 2005, Kim Foster Gallery, NY.
- June 2004, Winterthur Museum, Wilmington, DE.
- November 2003, Garubbo Bazan Gallery, West Chester PA.
- March 2003, Dartmouth College, Hopkins Center, Hanover, N.H.
- November 2002, Kim Foster Gallery, N.Y.
- September 2002, Klein Gallery, Phil, PA.
- January 2002, Bloomsburg Univ. Bloomsburg, PA.
- December 2001, Mira Mar Gallery, Sarasota,FL.
- September 2001, West Chester University, West Chester, PA.
- October 2000, Blue Streak Gallery, Wil. Del
- April 2000, Kim Foster Gallery, New York.
- March 1999, Albright College, Reading, Pa.
- November 1998, Tennessee Tech.Univ. Cookeville, TN.
- March 1998, Stroud Water Research, Unionville, Pa.
- November 1997, Kim Foster Gallery, New York.
- April 1997, DE. Center for Contemporary Arts, Wilmington, DE.
- November-January 1996, HLW Architects, New York.
- November-December 1995, Kim Foster Gallery, New York.
- October 1995, L'Acajou, New York.
- February 1995, N.Y. Institute of Technology, Westbury, N.Y.
- January 1994, Click 3X, New York.
- March 1993, Creations Gallery, Yorklyn, Delaware.
- May 1989, Ledis Flam Gallery, New York.
- April 1988, Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
- November 1997, Delaware College of Art & Design
- November 1997, Blue Hill Cultural Center, Pearl River, N.J.
- April 1995, Nabisco Corporation, E. Hanover, New Jersey.
- March 1994, Kim Foster Gallery, New York.
- January 1994, Delaware Center for the Contemporary Art, "Black & White", traveled to Sussex N.J. Arts Council & Del. State University.
- Oct-March 1994, "Faces", curated by Ned Harris, Rockland Center for the Arts, West Nyack, New York.
- July-Nov. 1993, Blue Hill Cultural Center, Pearl River,N.Y.
- July 1993, Delaware Art Museum,"Biennial 93" Wilmington,DE
- June 1991, Penn State University, State College, PA.
- April 1990, Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh, PA.
- November 1985, Everson Museum of Art, "Biennial", Syracuse, N.Y.
- November 1994, Paulo Salvador Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- October 1983, The Terminal Art Show, Brooklyn, New York.
- August 1986, Invited to a workshop sponsored by the Cultural Council of Segovia, Spain.
- July 1985, Artist In Residence, Art Park, New York
- August 1985, Fellow, Triangle Artists, Pine Plains, N.Y.
- June 1995, Artist In Residence, Delaware State Council for the Arts.