8670 W. 450 S.
Columbus, IN 47201, U.S.A.
Phone: 812 342-6475
Click image to enlarge.
- Robert Pulley's hand built stoneware sculptures combine references to the human figure with organic and geologic forms to create compelling, energetic abstractions of humanity, nature and spirit. They project a strong presence into their surroundings. They reveal a view of mankind in union with the rest of nature and the artist's fascination with the forms of growth and time. The sculptures may be installed indoors or in the garden. Their human scale, organic forms and rich texture and color interact beautifully with the colors, textures and patterns of nature. The vitrified stoneware clay easily withstands the repeated freezing and thawing of northern winters. With proper installation, the sculpture will provide year around inspiration as it is encountered through the seasons.
- Robert has worked professionally in ceramics and sculpture for four decades. His work is in private collections around the country as well as in such public and corporate collections as:
- Wright State University Museum of Art Canton Art Institute, Greater Lafayette Museum of Art
- McDonalds Corporation Woodsmall Foundation, World Life and Accident Insurance Association
- S.A.I. Corporation, Peat Marwick and Co., Southern Indiana Cancer Center
- Kristel DeHaan Collection, Indianapolis, Sandy Besser Collection, Santa Fe
- Commissions are an infrequent, but welcome part of Pulley's creative output. In the past he has completed such projects as 2- 12' tall ceramic fountains for the Evansville, IN Ramada Inn, and an 8' semi figurative commemorative sculpture in clay for Judson Erne Auditorium in Columbus, IN as well as smaller, private commissions.
- ARTBox Gallery, Indianapolis, IN
- Heike Pickett Gallery, Versailles, KY
- Longstreth Goldberg, Naples, FL
Partial List of Exhibitions, Solo and Group:
- New Works, Solo, Ruschman Gallery, Indianapolis, IN 15th Rosen Outdoor Sculpture Competition and Exhibition, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC Of and About Clay, Galerie Hertz, Louisville, KY Forms in Space-Ceramic Sculpture, Emison Art Center, Depauw University, Greencastle, IN The Object of Sculpture, Wright State University Art Galleries, Dayton, OH, Purchase Award Group Show, Frogman's Gallery, Beresford, SD Invitational, Bethany College Fine Arts Center, Mankato, MN SOFA Exposition, Chicago, IL Two Person Show, Kay Garvey Gallery, Chicago, IL Sculpture Show, M.C. Gallery, Minneapolis, MN