San Francisco, California, 1939
San Francisco Art Institute, B.F.A. & M.F.A., 1971-75
- Berkeley Art Museum, University of California, Berkeley, California
- Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California
- di Rosa Preserve: Art & Nature, Napa, California
- Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, California
- Museum of Art & History, Santa Cruz, California
- The Oakland Museum of California, Oakland, California
- Saginaw Museum of Art, Saginaw, Michigan
- San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California
- South Dakota Art Museum, Brookings, South Dakota
- Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California
- University of Arizona Memorial Student Union, Tucson, Arizona
- University of California Davis, Nelson Gallery, Davis, California
- University of California Santa Cruz, Eloise Pickard Smith Gallery, Santa Cruz, California
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2009 Museum of Art & History @ McPherson Center, Santa Cruz, California (catalog)
- 2009 Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, California (catalog)
- 2008 Art Foundry Gallery, “Plastic & Bronze,” Sacramento, California
- 2007 “Ein Amerikaner in Schwerin,” Schwerin, Germany (catalog)
- 2003 Dominican University of California, San Marco Gallery, San Rafael, CA
- 2003 Sierra College, “About the Ark,” Rocklin, California
- 2002 South Dakota Art Museum, Brookings, So. Dakota, “Dames,” (catalog)
- 2002 University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota
- 2000 Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica, California
- 2000 American River College, “Plastic/Plastik,” Sacramento, California
- 1999 Ebert Gallery, San Francisco, California
- 1998 Bradford Smock Gallery, San Francisco, California
- 1997 Loveland Museum/Gallery, Loveland, Colorado
- 1997 San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Rental Gallery, Fort Mason
- 1995 Dominican College, San Marco Gallery, San Rafael, California
- 1992 Community College of Southern Nevada, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1991 LACE (Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions), Los Angeles, California
Selected Group Sculpture Exhibitions
- 2006 Arizona Museum for Youth, Mesa, Arizona
- 2005 Triton Art Museum, Santa Clara, Calif., “Nature as Muse, Selections from Permanent Collection”
- 2005 Museum of Contemporary Art, Santa Rosa, California, “Contemporary Expressions, RE-FUSED”
- 2003 San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Artists Gallery, San Francisco
- 2003 Oakland Museum City Center Sculpture Court, Oakland, California
- 2002 San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, Calif., “Contemporary Art from Permanent Collection”
- 2002 Center for Contemporary Art, Sacramento, California, “A Portrait of My Father”
- 2000 University of California Santa Cruz, Cowell College, Santa Cruz, California
- 1999 University Art Museum, Berkeley, California, “Fragments of the World, From Collage to Readymade”
- 1997-98 "Hello Again! A New Wave of Recycled Art & Design" (traveling)
- Oakland Museum of California, Oakland, California
- Los Angeles Municipal Gallery, Barnsdall Park, Los Angeles, California
- McAllen International Museum, McAllen, Texas
- Vancouver Museum, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 1997 The Jewish Museum San Francisco
- 1996 San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Rental Gallery, "Refound”
- 1995 Galeria Mesa, Mesa, Arizona, "Reassembly Required"
- 1994-95 "Old Glory, New Story: Flagging the 21st Century" (traveling)
- Capp Street Project, San Francisco, California
- Santa Monica Museum of Art, Santa Monica, California
- 1994 Works/San Jose, San Jose, California, "Survey of Bay Area Contemporary Sculpture"
- 1993 Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California, “68th Annual Crocker-Kingsley Exhibition”
- 1993 Associated Artists of Winston-Salem, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, , "Earth Art”
- 1993 Boise State University, Boise, Idaho, “National Small Painting & Small Sculpture Exhibition,”
- 1993 San Mateo County Arts Council, Belmont, California, "Assemblage & Collage"
- 1993 Wiseman Gallery, Rogue Community College, Grants Pass, Oregon, “Barrish & Shuey"
- 1993 Lewis-Clark Center for Arts & History, Lewiston, Idaho, "Earth Vision"
- 1992 Arizona Museum for Youth, Mesa, Arizona, "Déjà Vu: The Recycled Object in Art"
- 1992 The University of Arizona, Student Union Gallery, Tucson, Arizona, "Earth Day"
- 1992 Arizona State University, Memorial Union, Tempe, Arizona, "Barrish & Grossman,"
- 1991 Ohio State University at Mansfield, The Pearl Conard Gallery, Mansfield, Ohio
- 1991 Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, “The Florida National”
- 1991 The Jewish Community Museum, San Francisco, California, Purim Invitational
- 1990 San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, San Jose, California
- 1989 California Museum of Art, Santa Rosa, California, "California Small Works"
- "Jerry Ross Barrish / Assemblage Found Objects." Catalog. Fresno Art Museum & Musuem of Art & History @ McPherson Center, Santa Cruz, 2008. Essays by Susan Hillhouse and Jacquelin Pilar, illus.
- Grande, John K. “Schwerin, Germany, Schleswig-Holstein-Haus.” Sculpture Magazine, March 2008, illus.
- “Sculpturen / Jerry Ross Barrish.” Catalog. Schleswig-Holstein-Haus, Germany, 2007. Essays by Peter Selz and John K. Grande, illus.
- Roukes, Nicholas. “Artful Jesters, Innovators of Visual Wit and Humor.” Ten Speed Press, Berkeley, CA, 2003, illus.
- “Dames.” Catalog. South Dakota Art Museum, Brookings, South Dakota, 2002, illus.
- Roche, Harry. “Focus: Jerry Ross Barrish.” Sculpture Magazine, May 2001, illus.
- Shreve, Jenn. “One Man’s Treasure.” San Francisco Metropolitan, September 13, 1999.
- Warner, Sally. "Making Room for Making Art." Chicago: Chicago Review Press, 1994, illus.