Stan Carroll, AIA, RA, RID
· SkyDance Bridge named as one of the top 50 public art projects for 2012 by Americans for the Arts Public Art Network Year in Review.
· Winner of the 2012 Innovator of the Year award for the Skydance Bridge as a member of S-X-L, the design consortium that designed the bridge. Presented by the Journal Record of Oklahoma.
· American Institute of Architects Oklahoma Merit Award in Interior Architecture, 2007. Momentum Conference Room, designed and fabricated by Stan Carroll.
· American Institute of Architects – Central Oklahoma Chapter Keystone Award, 2005. Awarded to the craftsman who has displayed quality that exceeds normal standards and elevates the creative design of the architect by cooperation and skills.
· American Institute of Architects Central States Regional Award of Merit, 2001. The award honored the Hertz Corporation Light Table. Carroll designed and fabricated the award winning stainless steel and granite table.
WINNING DESIGN Competitions:
· Winner of the competition for the design of the new Oklahoma City SkyDance Pedestrian Bridge, 2008. Mr. Carroll was co-designer of the bridge, in collaboration with SXL and MKEC Engineering for the Core to Shore Master Plan. Completed January 2012.
· Selection committee winner for Oklahoma Wind, a sculpture located in the newly constructed Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation building in Oklahoma City. Completed November 2011.
· Selection committee winner for the sculpture, Thermal Bliss, situated at the newly constructed Lake Murray Nature Center in Ardmore, Oklahoma. Administered by Oklahoma Art in Public Places. Expected completion date May 2012.
· Competition winner for the Doris Miller WWII Memorial located in Waco, Texas. Currently in design development. Expected dedication Pearl Harbor Day 2013.
· Selection committee winner for a sculpture, InDependence, sited on the campus of Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City. Administered by Oklahoma Art in Public Places. Completed July 2011.
· Juried competition winner for the design of the Tulsa Awards for Theatre Excellence trophies, 2009. The TATE awards, presented annually and supported by the George Kaiser Family Foundation, are fabricated by Beyond Metal.
EDUCATION AND RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Professor in Practice at the University of Oklahoma, Design Professor
· Founder and president in charge of design, and fabrication at Beyond Metal, Inc. Beyond Metal is a hands-on design/fabrication workshop.
· Oklahoma City Downtown Design Review Commission, currently serving
· Guest Design Critique at the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University Schools of Architecture
· Place Making Planner, new OKC Boulevard I-40 Realignment
· Graduate of the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Architecture and Oklahoma State University with a BS in Architectural Studies
· Licensed Architect 22 years
2011 ArtForm, Invitational Gallery Exhibit -Oklahoma City
2010 Function and Design, Untitled [ArtSpace] Juried Gallery Exhibition -OKC
2008 Dining in the Deuce, Untitled [ArtSpace] Juried Gallery Exhibition -OKC
2008 MoulEGG Rouge, 24th Annual Omelette Party, Contributing Artist -OKC
2007 12 x 12, OVAC, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2007 JRB Art at the Elms, Gallery Exhibition – Oklahoma City
2007 Environs, Festival of the Arts, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2007 Windscapes, Festival of the Arts, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2006 International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) – New York City, NY
2006 One Off Broadway, IAO, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2006 Paseo Box Show, Best of Show, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2006 JRB Christmas at the Elms – Oklahoma City
2005 12 x 12, OVAC, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2005 Environs, Festival of the Arts, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2004 Environs, Festival of the Arts, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2003 Environs, Festival of the Arts, Juried Exhibit – Oklahoma City
2002 Arts Council Pro Am, Festival of the Arts – Oklahoma City
SELECT Artistic Commissions:
· Curious Organism, an 8.5’ x 11’ x 12’ tall and extending underground 100 feet painted steel art installation commissioned by Downtown OKC, at the Kerr Parking Garage – Oklahoma City
· Flaming Lips – Loudspeaker Apparatus for stage shows
· Atlas Shrugged Sculptured Gate – Nichols Hills
· Harn Homestead Donor Sculpture – Oklahoma City
· Pedersen Dining and Coffee Tables, commission for the design and fabrication of tables for William Pedersen Home, Principal of Kohn Pedersen Fox Architects – New York City, NY
· Urban Works/Bert Belanger Conference Room Design Build, Momentum Building – OKC. AIA Award Winner
· Boldt Construction Company, design and fabrication of outdoor sculpture 12’x5’x10’ tall corten steel for new regional headquarters – Oklahoma City
· Hertz Corporation Headquarters Conference Room, sculptural marble and stainless steel Light Table and Hertz Corporation Data Sculpture, kinetic metal sculpture 4’x18”x8’ tall –Oklahoma City. AIA Award Winner
· Heritage Trust Cast Bronze Wall Sculpture – Oklahoma City