Born in Paris, France, I moved to the US in 1994.
As far as I can remember I have always been drawing and building things, but it is a
workshop with the sculptor Petrus in 1978, which triggered my passion for sculpture. At that time, I had just completed my education in electrical engineering. Rather than going right away to work, I applied to the “Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts” in Paris, and studied drawing and sculpture there for 2 years, before spending several months with Petrus, from whom, I learnt the foundation of my clay technique.
However, at the time, a career in art was not really an option for me (or so I thought) and I went back to pursuing a career as an engineer. Eventually, after 35 years with limited artistic activity, I finally got back to art full time.
My current focus is on figurative sculpture and drawing. Even though I also enjoy carving once a while a stone or a nice piece of wood, my preferred sculpting medium is clay. In my drawings I like to combine charcoal, ink and watercolor. These mediums allow me to work quickly, my main interest being to capture life and energy in as spontaneous and raw a manner as possible.
I do most of my drawings from life models, my preference being very short poses. I also do many of my sculptures from life as well. I cast my sculptures in bronze, which is time consuming but very rewarding. I spend now my time between my studio in Los Gatos (CA), various life drawing sessions in the Bay area, and the West Valley College foundry.
• Not so Heavy Metal II exhibition, Mission College, November 2016, (Juried)
• More the Merrier, Art Ark Gallery, November 2016, (Juried)
• Pacific Art League Instructor exhibition, November 2016
• Sand City Juried Art exhibition, September 2016, (Juried)
• California Clay Competition, May 2016, (Juried)
• Pacific Art League, "Figure and Faces", May 2016, (Juried)
• Art Object Gallery, April 2016 (Celebrating International Sculpture day)
• Art Ark Gallery, March 2016 (Silicon Valley Open Studio preview exhibition))
• Pacific Art League, Member exhibition, January 2016
• Group Art Show, Main St Cafe, Los Altos, September 2015
• Pacific Art League, "Figure and Faces", August 2015 (Juried)